“Hello Satellite” Competition
New advances in satellite technology have given rise to satellite-based services and applications that provide several capabilities to different domains such as natural resource management, disaster management, rural and urban planning and sustainability, precise agriculture, weather forecast and other sectors.
Brainstorming and visualizing have always been the opening of technology development. Accordingly international “Hello Satellite” short video competition with a creative, progressive and inspiring presence will be jointly organized by Asia-Pacific Space Cooperation Organization (APSCO) and Iranian Space Agency (ISA) on October 4-10, 2020. The judges will look for an engaging, innovative and inspiring submission.
The competition aims to enhance the youth's innovative spirit, imagination and expressive force, to stimulate the passion and dreams of Asia-Pacific youth to explore the universe, so as to further promote the exchange and cooperation among APSCO Member States.
The Organizing Committee would like to receive thoughts, ideas, expectations and even dreams about satellites in a new video competition “Hello Satellite”. Imagine that you could talk to a satellite! What kind of services would you request for? Create and upload a short video of your conversation with a satellite and enter the competition.
- International Short video Competition
- International Smartphone video Competition
Themes & Topics
If you could talk to a satellite, what kind of services would you like to ask for? Create a short video of your conversation with a satellite.
The schedule for competition is:
- Oct. 02, 11:59 p.m.: deadline for video submissions
- Oct. 04: winners for each category announced;
- Oct. 04-10: winning videos presentation
- Oct. 2020: prizes available for pick-up or delivery
In order to ensure the smooth running of the contest, the contest organization has been set up, which includes:
Experts from APSCO and ISA will be invited to form a Selection Board.
To ensure the smooth running of the competition, the Organizing Committee consists of officials from the co-organizers who are responsible for the specific affairs of the competition.
Competition Regulation and Guidelines
- Entry is free of charge and open to the public (there is no age restriction but the youth are encouraged to participate).
- There are no geographical or national restrictions for participants in the competition.
- One entrant may submit maximum two videos for each section in the competition.
- Optimize your video entirely in landscape mode (horizontal video is a must for entering the competition). The Organizing Committee is exempted from accepting portrait (vertical) videos.
- The submitted clips must be 60-120 seconds long. Submissions exceeding 120 seconds might be disqualified.
- Videos must be uploaded as one single file in the highest quality (720 res, MP4, no more than 50 MB).
- For videos in non-English language, an English transcription of conversation is required.
- Submit your entry only through the www.isa.ir/s/menoyc
- The copyright of the materials submitted for this competition remains with respective participants. However, each entrant grants APSCO and ISA the right to use the submitted materials in its communication crediting the copyright owners.
- Submission of an entry shall be taken to mean acceptance of the Competition rules and the Terms and Conditions.
- Entries whose material will be chosen by the Selection Board, receive a certificate of participation
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to remove any entries from the competition that they feel may break any of the Competition regulations and the Terms and Conditions. Such entries will be disqualified.
How to enter the competition
- Create an original video clip (between 60 and 120 seconds) relevant to thematic areas mentioned above, following the guidelines in the Competition Regulation and Guidelines.
- Submit your entry through the www.isa.ir/s/menoyc, For more information please contact with Jessica Zhuang, Department of Education and Training, Asia-Pacific Space Cooperation Organization (APSCO), Tel: 86 10 6370 2677 Ext. 405, Fax: 86 10 63702286, E-mail: email@example.com.
Register and send files